You might want to bring your freediving passion one step further and to start helping others do discover their potential in freediving. Becoming an AIDA Instructor is a rewarding challenge that takes your freediving - and potentially your life - to a level beyond. Our AIDA Freediving Instructor Course is a very intensive course, with high standards and involves nearly 40 hours of instruction!
In the AIDA Instructor Course, you will learn how to teach freediving to beginner and advanced freedivers, you will develop and improve your technical skills as a role model for your future students, and the most important, you'll learn the safety skills to provide a safe freediving environment to your students. AIDA Freediving Instructor is a professional status and is recognised world wide.
Every candidates to our Instructor course, has the possibility to join our FREE INTERNSHIP Program. During this time, you will be assisting (class and in water) our Instructors when they are giving class, training, coaching. It is the best way to gather information, become familiar with the education standards, be with different students, observe different style of teaching, and learn your future job.
It can be done before your start your IC and / or after your IC. The lenght of this internship is up to you, as you can stay with us a long as you want.
AIDA Instructor Course includes many classroom, pool and open water sessions, as well as hours of teaching practice.
During the theory sessions, pool and open water sessions you will learn:
- How to teach to new and advanced freedivers;
- How to manage different situations with beginners in swimming pool and open water;
- How to do efficient safe and Rescue assessment
- How to prepare and schedule an open water and class and coaching and teaching methodology theoretical and practical.
- Safety organization
- Freediving shop and Business - how to market and price your freediving activities.
- Professionalism and team work
- Leadership skills
- A dedicated training will prepare you to succeed the course.
- We will share tips and tricks from our experience as freediving instructors, to give you more tools needed to become a certified, confident and safe freediving instructor. We will spend a lot of time in the water to improve your freediving skills.
- During this course you will learn about teaching methods applied to freediving.
- You will learn about planning and running freedive sessions and also get some business advice on
- You will have to demonstrate your freediving skills and your endurance and be able to comfortably freedive to 40 meters, hold your breath for over 4 minutes and perform a 75m DYN.
Your Instructor Trainer - "JP"
Our AIDA and PADI Freediver Instructor course, is a unique and a worlwide recognized program, conducted by the AIDA Instructor Trainer Jean-Pol Francois (JP), the pionneer in the freediving Education, the head of AIDA Education, and one of the first PADI Instructor Trainer in Asia.
Jean-Pol Francois, is the co-founder of Freediving Planet, a brand which aims to deliver high quality education. He has used his 25 years of experience in teaching, coaching, judging freediving to set the well recognized worldwide Education standards within AIDA International Freediving.
He is now closely collaboration with PADI Freediver to develop a PADI Freediver Instructor Development program. By following Jean-Pol's guidance, training, coaching and mentorship, you will be trained to the highest standards in the freediving industry by one of the pionner. We will make sure to provide you the most up to date knowledge in freediving.
GUIDE FOR FREEDIVING INSTRUCTOR CANDIDATES
Welcome to Freediving Planet, we look forward to have you here for your AIDA/PADI Instructor Course.
The IC is organised during a period of 7 to 10 days and is very demanding in time.
Course starts at 8:30 till 18:00 (sometimes later) everyday.
Therefore, your physical and mental conditions must be at the top.
So in order to arrive well prepared and enter the course, here are some requirements that we ask to all our candidates:
Your technique must be such as expected of an AIDA4 or PADI Master Freediver.
The IC is not designed to teach you the techniques. You are already supposed to master them.
We expect from you to be a "Role Model" technique and be able to explain them.
Required Performances to enter the IC - Or at least be close enough to them
- - Static apnea - minimum 4’
- - DYN 75m
- - DNF 50m
- - FIM 38m
- - CWT 38m
- - CNF 15m
The Best solution would be for you to prepare your IC by a Master Internships of 2 weeks.
You can also of course prepare your training at your own location, but when you will arrive here at our facilities, all the requirements must be met (or close to the requirement) already so we can spend more time on the teaching skills and to prepare you for your future job as Freediving Instructor.
Special Presentation :
Once you will register to the IC, you will need to provide us a list of 3 topics, related to freediving, that you would like to develop, with a 2 or 3 lines introduction.
We will pickup one of the 3 topics and you will have time to prepare your special presentation at your place a few weeks in advance.
Note that we will need 2 documents from you : 1. The powerpoint Presentation ; 2. The Full assignement.
The PPT must be the outlines of your full assignement.
You will need to present your topic at the end of the IC and you will be allowed to talk for 20-25 minutes and with a 5-10 minutes Q&A at the end.
By the first day of the IC, you must provide all your documents via email to your Instructor.
Use the following email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety and Rescue:
During your IC, you will spend a lot of time to practice Rescue techniques.
So take the opportunity to refresh your safety skills prior to the course.
Note: For the PADI Freediver Instructor Candidates, you must also pass the EFR Instructor level that we can organise in 2 days in Moalboal.
But you also must be EFR (not older than 2 years)
Course in English :
The IC is taught in english, so we expect from our candidates a total understanding of the english language. If you are not fluent in english, do not worry, we can offer the service of a translator (extra cost will apply to cover the salary of the translator)
Want to sign up...
- AIDA 4 (or equivalent - crossover to AIDA 4 -evaluation applies, not included in the IC-fee),
- First Aid or Emergency First Responder (EFR) /CPR course, or equivalent not older than 2 years,
- 18 years of age.
- WE WILL REQUEST YOU TO SEND US A PROOF OF YOUR LEVEL BEFORE WE CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLEMENT.
Course duration: Usually 8 to 9 days
Price : Click on the location below to know the price
Instructor candidates Freedivers are encouraged to have their own personal freediving equipment.