You might want to bring your freediving passion one step further and to start helping others do discover their potential in freediving. Becoming an AIDA Instructor is a rewarding challenge that takes your freediving - and potentially your life - to a level beyond. Our AIDA Freediving Instructor Course is a very intensive course, with high standards and involves nearly 40 hours of instruction!
In the AIDA Instructor Course, you will learn how to teach freediving to beginner and advanced freedivers, you will develop and improve your technical skills as a role model for your future students, and the most important, you'll learn the safety skills to provide a safe freediving environment to your students. AIDA Freediving Instructor is a professional status and is recognised world wide.
Every candidates to our Instructor course, has the possibility to join our FREE INTERNSHIP Program. During this time, you will be assisting (class and in water) our Instructors when they are giving class, training, coaching. It is the best way to gather information, become familiar with the education standards, be with different students, observe different style of teaching, and learn your future job.
It can be done before your start your IC and / or after your IC. The lenght of this internship is up to you, as you can stay with us a long as you want.
AIDA Instructor Course includes many classroom, pool and open water sessions, as well as hours of teaching practice.
During the theory sessions, pool and open water sessions you will learn:
- How to teach to new and advanced freedivers;
- How to manage different situations with beginners in swimming pool and open water;
- How to do efficient safe and Rescue assessment
- How to prepare and schedule an open water and class and coaching and teaching methodology theoretical and practical.
- Safety organization
- Freediving shop and Business - how to market and price your freediving activities.
- Professionalism and team work
- Leadership skills
- A dedicated training will prepare you to succeed the course.
- We will share tips and tricks from our experience as freediving instructors, to give you more tools needed to become a certified, confident and safe freediving instructor. We will spend a lot of time in the water to improve your freediving skills.
- During this course you will learn about teaching methods applied to freediving.
- You will learn about planning and running freedive sessions and also get some business advice on
- You will have to demonstrate your freediving skills and your endurance and be able to comfortably freedive to 40 meters, hold your breath for over 4 minutes and perform a 75m DYN.
Your Instructor Trainer - "JP"
Our AIDA and PADI Freediver Instructor course, is a unique and a worlwide recognized program, conducted by the AIDA Instructor Trainer Jean-Pol Francois (JP), the pionneer in the freediving Education, the head of AIDA Education, and one of the first PADI Instructor Trainer in Asia.
Jean-Pol Francois, is the co-founder of Freediving Planet, a brand which aims to deliver high quality education. He has used his 25 years of experience in teaching, coaching, judging freediving to set the well recognized worldwide Education standards within AIDA International Freediving.
He is now closely collaboration with PADI Freediver to develop a PADI Freediver Instructor Development program. By following Jean-Pol's guidance, training, coaching and mentorship, you will be trained to the highest standards in the freediving industry by one of the pionner. We will make sure to provide you the most up to date knowledge in freediving.
Want to sign up...
- AIDA 4 (or equivalent - crossover to AIDA 4 -evaluation applies, not included in the IC-fee),
- First Aid or Emergency First Responder (EFR) /CPR course, or equivalent not older than 2 years,
- 18 years of age.
Course duration: Usually 8 to 9 days
Price : Click on the location below to know the price
Instructor candidates Freedivers are encouraged to have their own personal freediving equipment.